Kristi Yamaguchi is an Olympic gold medalist and world champion who knows about dreaming big. The motto “Always Dream” serves as Kristi’s personal inspiration, as well as the name of her charitable foundation for children. She recently won ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, and now is happily debuting her first ever children’s picture book, Dream Big Little Pig! which came out in stores on March 15th, 2011.
Poppy the Pig has big dreams- lots of them! But following her dreams isn’t always easy, and whenever Poppy thinks it might be time to give up, her family reminds her to “Dream Big!” While enjoying a day of ice skating, she easily achieves her dream without knowing it because she’s having so much fun!
I loved figure skating and Kristi Yamaguchi when I was growing up. I was so excited that she had written a children's book, especially as I have children to read it to! I will have to tell you that this pig really does have a fighting spirit. Poppy does want to give up, but she doesn't. Kristi's motto of "Dream Big" is instilled in this pig. It really is a great story and does teach children to never give up when wanting to accomplish something. This book is targeted for children from preschool through age eight, and my children are ages 2-6 and they enjoyed and understood this book. I don't want to forget to mention the illustrations. Tim Bowers did a great job with the illustrating. There is a lot of facial expressions in this book and he does a hilarious job of showing them. He did an awesome job of showing a pig in a glittery figure skating costume!!
You can purchase your own copy of Kristi Yamaguchi's Dream Big Little Pig here
.
Want to win your own copy of Dream Big Little Pig? I will be drawing two winners!!!
Here's how?
Leave a comment telling me who you might read this book to.
Extra entries for:
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Extra entries for:
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do.
Please leave separate comments, and direct all other comments or questions to my email.
Please leave an email address so I can contact you if you are the winner. Contest will end on Sunday March 26th at 8pm.
Thank you to Sourcebooks Jabberwocky for my review copy and for my two prizes for my winners. All opinions are honest and are my own.
22 comments:
My daughter loves to read. and I 'm sure she would love this if given the chance to win
spdls0215@yahoo.com
Liked you on FB
fb:suzie p. santos
twitter follower
@spdls0215
Both of my kids would love this book
Kirbymom2@yahoo.com
I like you on FB
I would read this to my little ones in Sunday School. They love reading time and this one has a meaning and a story :)
amberpebs@yahoo.com
My two little girls would love this story
I like you on facebook
BIG twitter follower
My granddaughter Zoe woulk like this book. She likes to read to her brother. vercatfrontiernetdotnet
I am a fan on fb. vercatfrontiernetdotnet
I'd love to read this to my kiddos! Thank you for the chance to win! :-)
khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com
I'd like to win this book for my friend's daughter Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)
I follow you on twitter
@tiffypixie
Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)
I would read it to my 3-year-old daughter. :) Love Kristi Yamaguchi, how cool that she wrote a children's book like this! I took figure skating lessons as a child and loved watching her on TV.
ladyufshalott at yahoo dot com
Following on Twitter! @kindred_spirit
This book looks so cute. She was a great skater, I'm sure that her book would be just as great to read.
heather_r_owens@yahoo.com
FB follower
I would read this to my niece.
urchiken at gmail dot com
I'd like this to read to my nieces. Thanks.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com
I would read this book to my daughter, Rachel. She would LOVE it!
nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
I like you on Facebook
nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
I follow you on Twitter
@NancyeDavis
nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net
Post a Comment