Perkins Gift Card Giveaway Plus Pay It Forward Opportunity on Free Pancake Day




I try to teach my children the importance of giving back.   I try to show that on our local level, by donating and attending fundraisers. We live in a small community, and I teach my boys that it is best to help out the people in our community. For example we walk in a Breast Cancer Awareness Walk every year.  The proceeds from this help out several local families.  This year I would like to take them to Perkins Restaurant and Bakery to show them how to pay it forward on a much bigger scale.

Give Kids The World (GKTW) is a non-profit organization that provides week-long vacations to children with life-threatening illnesses and their families at a fanciful, “storybook” retreat in Central Florida. Since 1986, GKTW has served more than 100,000 families from all 50 states and 70 countries. Families enjoy a week-long, cost-free vacation that includes accommodations at the Give Kids The World Village, meals, donated attraction tickets (including Disney World), and more. They even get to eat ice cream at breakfast!

For nearly 20 years, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery has supported GKTW. Each year, Perkins serves more than 300,000 free meals at the 200-seat Gingerbread House Restaurant, located in the heart of the Give Kids The World Village. Over the years, more than 4 million free meals have been served. In addition to annual fundraising efforts, ongoing activities for Give Kids The World include community-oriented events and specially marked coin boxes for spare change in the lobbies of most Perkins restaurants.

On Monday, March 21, more than 420 participating Perkins restaurants across the U.S. and Canada will be offering guests their legendary, made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes – for free – during PERKINS PANCAKE DAY. In return, Perkins simply requests that guests consider making a donation of any amount to benefit Give Kids The World. 

I hope that you will take your family to Perkins Restaurant and Bakery and enjoy some great free panckakes.  While you are there, please consider making a donation to Give Kids the World.  Did you know that each year in the U.S., 27,000 children are diagnosed with a life threatening illness?  Please support Give Kids The World in making some of these children get a wonderful vacation with some very special moments.  
Perkins would like to give one My OKC Mommy reader a $50 gift card.
Want to win?
Here's how?
Leave a comment telling me what food is your favorite from Perkin's.
Extra entries for:
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do.
Like Perkin's on facebook and leave me a comment saying that you do. 
Please leave separate comments, and direct all other comments or questions to my email.
Please leave an email address so I can contact you if you are the winner.  Contest will end on Monday March 21st at noon.
Share on Google Plus Pin It!
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 comments:

Julie said...

Shrimp Trio I like this from Perkins
thanks for the giveaway
aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie said...

like Perkins on fb Julie S Laws
aunteegem@yahoo.com

rhonda said...

Perkins had a great chicken pot pie. vercatfrontiernetdotnet

rhonda said...

I like myokcmommy on facebook. vercatfrontiernetdotnet

rhonda said...

Like Perkins on FB. vercatfrontiernetdotnet

Unknown said...

I like their soup. It's been a long time since I've been though. Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

Unknown said...

I "like" them on facebook ..tiffypixie ...Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

Unknown said...

I "like" you on facebook - tiffypixie -Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

Unknown said...

I follow you on twitter
@tiffypixie
Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

Anonymous said...

We love Perkins, follow you on facebook.