Schwan's Dinner



How often do you get groceries delivered to your door?  Well, I know I don't get that very often.  First of all it is hard to explain to someone else what I want.  With Schwan's Home Service, I can pick out what I want online, order it right there, and have it delivered right to my door.  What's also great about Schwan's is
that you get a  break in the kitchen, with entrees, sides and desserts all ready in minutes!  Below is the meal that my family and I had.



Fresco by Scotto® Baked Ziti


 Rich combination of three cheeses: Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan baked with ziti pasta and a flavorful tomato sauce.

Five Cheese Garlic French Bread
Crisp and tender French loaves are sliced in half and generously topped with sweet roasted garlic and five big cheese flavors—Mozzarella, Provolone, white and yellow Cheddars and tangy Romano. Fabulous hot out of the oven served with your favorite Italian entrée or a bowl of soup. Also wonderful when grilled and served with burgers or steaks.

MicrosSteam Baby Broccoli Florets
MicroSteam baby broccoli florets are the perfect addition to add a flavorful, healthier option to your meal in no time! A microwaveable steam pouch cooks the vegetables to perfection every time-plus the best part is that no washing or chopping is required. The small size florets are perfect for kids! Grade A quality for consistent taste and texture and 100% florets, which means no stems and pieces.

 
Chocolate Ice Cream
Rich and creamy, mellow and smooth, this slow-churned milk chocolate ice cream is the chocolate purist’s choice. Nothing gets in the way of this All-American favorite. It might just win some points with the vanilla ice cream lovers too!

I decided to prepare this meal on Friday night, so I could have a less hectic evening.  To prepare the ziti, I just had to cut a little slit in the film cover and pop it in the oven.  During the last 15 minutes of baking time, I had to remove that cover.  That was it!  It was ready in about 30 minutes.  I was a little worried about serving this to my husband because he thinks he is the pasta expert.  However, he loved it.  He said he was surprised at how cheesy it was.  I loved it as well, the creamy sauce was delicious.  The five cheese garlic bread was simple to prepare as well.  It is to be put in the oven at the same temperature as the ziti, and for about fifteen minutes.  This worked out well. When I removed the film cover on the ziti, I put in the garlic bread.  Then both of them were done at the same time.  To me, that is a perfect plan.  I thought the garlic bread was excellent.  If you buy frozen garlic bread in the store, it seems thin and doesn't ever seem to have enough cheese.  This garlic bread was a good size, and was full of cheese.  I am the only broccoli lover in the house, so I got the broccoli all to myself.  It was easy to prepare as well.  I just measured out the water, and waited for it to boil.  I put some broccoli in, waited for it to boil, then put the lid on.  In no time, it was done.  It tasted so great that I didn't even have to add butter.  Of course, when the chocolate ice cream came out of the freezer, everyone wanted it.  As usual, Schwan's ice cream didn't disappoint.  It is super creamy. What a great dessert to finish off the meal.

Schwan's would like to give one My OKC Mommy reader the same dinner as I had!
Want to win?
Here's how?
Leave a comment telling me what food is your favorite from Schwan's
Extra entries for:
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do.
Like Schwan's on facebook and leave me a comment saying that you do. 
Please leave separate comments, and direct all other comments or questions to my email.
Please leave an email address so I can contact you if you are the winner.  Contest will end on Sunday March 26th at 8pm.






Thank you to Schwan's for my samples for this review.  My opinions are honest and are my own.
Share on Google Plus Pin It!
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

20 comments:

Regina D said...

I haven't ever had anything fromthem except their ice cream seceralof the entrees look delicious I would love to try the meal you had mmmmmyum!

Regina D said...

Fb fan

Regina D said...

Fan of schwans

rhonda said...

There chicken cordon bleu was yummy.

kfellin said...

Love their ice cream so many flavors so much YUM!!

kfellin said...

I like schwans on fb

kfellin said...

i like my okc mommy on fb

kfellin said...

follow via twitter

Unknown said...

I've never tried them but heard the ice cream is yummy Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

Unknown said...

I "like" them on facebook ..tiffypixie ...Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

Unknown said...

I "like" you on facebook - tiffypixie -Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

Anonymous said...

I've always heard great things about them but I've never had anything from them. Would love to try something from them.

heather_r_owens@yahoo.com


FB follower

Amberpebs said...

It has been a while, but remember the Icecream being GREAET!
amberpebs@yahoo.com

Amberpebs said...

I follow you on twitter
amberpebs@yahoo.com
amberpebs

Amberpebs said...

I like Schwan's on facebook
Ashley Kirkland
amberpebs@yahoo.com

Terra Heck said...

My favorite is their Four Cheese Ravioli. Thanks.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

kellyr78 said...

My favorite food of theirs is the Pizzeria Style Supreme pizza
KellywcuATyahooDOTcom

kellyr78 said...

I like you on FB(kelly D)
KellywcuATyahooDOTcom

kellyr78 said...

I follow you on twitter(kellywcu)
KellywcuATyahooDOTcom

kellyr78 said...

I like Schwans FB (kelly D)
KellywcuATyahooDOTcom