Every year,
the National Association for the Education of Young Children sponsors and
celebrates the Week of the
Young Child™ (April
14 – 20), which recognizes that the early
childhood years (birth through age 8) lay the foundation for children's success
in school and later life.
The
theme this year is “Early Years Are Learning Years.” According to the NAEYC site: “Today we know more than ever
before about the importance of children's earliest years in shaping their
learning and development. Yet, never before have the needs of young children
and their families been more pressing. The Week of the Young Child™ is a time
to recognize that children's opportunities are our responsibilities, and to
recommit ourselves to ensuring that each and every child experiences the type
of early environment—at home, at child care, at school, and in the
community—that will promote their early learning.”
At The Jim
Henson Company, they also believe in the value of developing skills early in life
and to inspire and encourage in our youngest views a life-long love of
learning. Their live-action puppetry
series Pajanimals--featuring the adorable quartet Cowbella, Apollo, Sweetpea
Sue and Squacky--is a fun way to teach the skills that preschoolers need to
move through their days successfully, including getting ready for and going to
bed. The stories unfold through fantasy,
adventure and song as the Pajanimals fly
away together on a magic rocket ship to make-believe lands such as the Land of
Play, The Land of Hush, The Friendly Forest and Happy Birthday Land.
These journeys celebrate imagination and tackle typical toddler issues, such as the
fear of the first day of school, making new friends and learning how to
share. The Pajanimals end their day of play with a relaxing return to their
cozy bedroom and familiar night time or nap time routines, including bathing, brushing teeth and
story time, to develop a feeling of safety and structure.
The Pajanimals have three DVD's out:
Good
Night, Pajanimals
Pajanimals features the musical
adventures of four young and lovable animals preparing for bed. The original
songs are designed to help comfort preschool viewers with bedtime themes and
transitional issues such as separating from Mom at the end of the day, healthy
routines, sleeping through the night, and being comfortable with the lights
out. Includes expert advice from the co-authors of The Sleepeasy Solution.
Meet the Pajanimals!
Meet
the Pajanimals - CowBella, Apollo, Sweetpea Sue, and Squacky - four friends who
snuggle together every night to sing sweet night time songs to their preschool
friends at home. Through their imaginary journeys, these cuddly friends
discover fun ways to transition from playtime to bedtime. Join the Pajanimals
for a magical adventure that encourages a nightly routine.
Pajanimals Playdate
The
Pajanimals love to play games, sing songs and go on great adventures to meet
new friends. Each story resolves a challenge typically encountered during every
preschooler's day. Through their imaginary journeys, these friends discover fun
ways to learn daily life lessons. Snuggle up with the Pajanimals for a magical
adventure and play date that encourages a bedtime routine! Episodes included:
I'm Sorry, Really Sorry; A Colorful Problem; Game Day; Share Day and The Rocket
Ride
From now until April 14th you can tune-in to 24-hour preschool channel Sprout for its “Spring is Sprouting” event, and catch
some favorite Pajanimals’ episodes including Apollo’s Special Day, Puppy Love, Share Day,
The Cow’s Meow and Team Fort! A different episode of Pajanimals airs nightly
at 8p.m. EST on Sprout. And you can also
watch Pajanimals every Saturday morning on NBC Kids!
Sprout’s kid-safe online platform, Sprout.com, offers printable Pajanimals Bedtime Activity Cards to help parents teach young
children about healthy sleep habits and bedtime routines, and Pajanimals Routine Reward stickers
which positively reinforce children’s bedtime achievements.
Don't forget to check out parent's Choice Recommended Pajanimals App, Pajanimals Light in the Sky, an
interactive adaptation of the Pajanimals episode of the same name. Developed specifically for two to five year
olds, this fully 3D mobile app sells for $3.99 and brings engaging activities,
charming music and adorable animation to your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. More importantly, it allows children to
interact with their favorite Pajanimal characters when they’re on the go or
away from home – when bedtime routines are often hard to practice!
To
celebrate The Week of the Young Child, The Jim Henson Company and NCircle
Entertainment are offering a Pajanimals DVD gift set that includes one copy of each of the
Pajanimals DVDs.
Want to win?
Want to win?
Here's how:
Tell me what time you like your kids to go to bed.
Extra entries for:
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do.
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do.
Like NCircle Entertainment on facebook and leave a comment
Follow Sprout on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow Pajanimals on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Please leave separate comments, and direct all other comments or questions to my email.
Contest will end on Sunday April 28thth at 8pm.




35 comments:
My grandson goes to bed between 8 and 8:30
sandy1955@comcast.net
I like you on Facebook Sandy VanHoey
sandy1955@comcast.net
I follow you on twitter @sandyv1955
sandy1955@comcast.net
I like NCircle on Facebook Sandy VanHoey
sandy1955@comcast.net
I like the Pajanimals on Facebook Sandy VanHoey
sandy1955@comcast.net
I like my kids to go to bed at 8
jessica.barnett@live.com
I'd like them to go to bed at around 9 pm :)
jessamine_marie_tan_ricafort(at)yahoo(dot)com
Twitter follower - @JessamineDungo
jessamine_marie_tan_ricafort(at)yahoo(dot)com
I like Pajanimals on facebook - Jessamine Marie Ricafort Dungo
jessamine_marie_tan_ricafort(at)yahoo(dot)coma
I like Sprout on facebook - Jessamine Marie Ricafort Dungo
jessamine_marie_tan_ricafort(at)yahoo(dot)coma
I like NCircle on facebook - Jessamine Marie Ricafort Dungo
jessamine_marie_tan_ricafort(at)yahoo(dot)coma
When my Son was little he was in bed by 8:30!
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
Facebook Fan of Yours(Tami Simoneaux)
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
I follow You on Twitter @tamilynn59
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
Facebook Fan of NCircle(Tami Simoneaux)
tamilynn59@yahoo.comndonsyin largest
Facebook Fan of Sprout(Tami Simoneaux)
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
Facebook Fan of Pajanimals(Tami Simoneaux)
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
We put our daughter to bed at 8.
mcfallsk8er(at)aim(dot)com
Liked you facebook as Austin Baroudi.
mcfallsk8er(at)aim(dot)com
Following you on twitter @Austieb7
mcfallsk8er(at)aim(dot)com
Liked NCircle Entertainment on facebook as Austin Baroudi.
mcfallsk8er(at)aim(dot)com
Liked Sprout on facebook as Austin Baroudi.
mcfallsk8er(at)aim(dot)com
Liked Pajanimals on facebook as Austin Baroudi.
mcfallsk8er(at)aim(dot)com
I like you on fb
hrddiana556@gmail.com
I follow you on twitter
hrddiana556@gmail.com
8 PM is a good bedtime.
Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
I like you on FB.
Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
I like NCircle Entertainment on FB.
Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
I like Pajanimals on FB.
Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com
They like to go to bed at 10! eclairre(AT)ymail(DOT)com
My son is 17 months and usually goes to bed between 8:30-9:00pm
Senior06chs@AOL.com
Bedtime is 9 pm. I like it there.
I like you on Facebook.
suziesweeps at yahoo dot com
I follow you on Twitter. @SuzieBee20
suziesweeps at yahoo dot com
I like NCircle Entertainment on Facebook.
suziesweeps at yahoo dot com
Post a Comment