Are you ready for Daylight Savings Time? It’s also that time of year when Energizer, the International Association of Fire Chiefs, and fire departments nationwide join forces for the
Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program to
raise awareness of the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon
monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes.
This is the 26th year for the annual program
and the message is still an important one.
Too
many of us know someone who has been impacted by a home fire and
believe it can never happen to “me.” Yet, the National Fire Protection
Association (NFPA) estimates that 28 million
homes are at risk because they either don’t have smoke alarms or their
smoke alarms do not work, mostly due to dead or missing batteries. A
working smoke alarm can make the difference in whether you have the
critical extra seconds to safely escape.
Energizer and the International
Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) have worked for decades to change
those numbers with the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery®
program, and this fall they are continuing that work with firefighters
across the country bringing the total number of batteries donated to 5
million.
Did
you know, thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes
with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least
one smoke alarm is present
but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.*
Here are some fire safety tips-Make simple changes that could help save lives.
How safe is your household?
Use this checklist to find out if
you are taking the right steps
to protect your family:
Count Your Smoke Alarms
1.Count Your Smoke Alarms
Be sure there is at lest one smoke alarm less than ten years old installed on every level of your home, including one in every bedroom and outside each sleeping area.
2. Change Your Smoke Alarm and Carbon Monoxide Detector Batteries
It only takes a moment, but this simple habit is the best defense your family has against
the devastating effects of a home fire or accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and fire experts nationwide encourage people to change smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector batteries annually. An easy way to remember to do so is to change thebatteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxidedetectors when you change your clocks back tostandard time on November 3. Remind your friends, family and neighbors to do the same.
3.Clean Your Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Ensure your smoke alarms’ and carbon monoxide detectors’ sensitivity by cleaning them each month of dust and cobwebs.
4.Replace Your Smoke
Alarms
The International
Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) recommends replacing smoke alarms every 10
years and having a combination of both ionization and photo electric smoke
alarms to keep you alert to all types of home fires.
5.Change Your
Flashlight Batteries
Keep flashlights with
fresh batteries at your bedside for help in finding the way out andsignaling
for help in the event of a fire.
6.Install Fire
Extinguishers
7. Install a fire
extinguisher in or near your kitchen,
and be sure that
every adult family member knows
how to use it.
7.Get the Whole
Family Involved
Once smoke alarms and
carbon monoxide detectors are installed and have fresh
batteries, you should
also make sure family members — children in particular — know what
the alarms and
detectors sound like and what to do should the alarms ever sound.
Remember-Here is a simple life-saving reminder – remember to change the batteries in your smoke
alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
when you set your clocks back – it could help save a life.
From now through November 3, visit the
Energizer Bunny® Facebook
page
and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance
to enter a sweepstakes to win a Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $167 is:
·
One reusable grocery tote
·
Two
Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
·
One Kidde fire extinguisher
·
One 4-pack of
Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries
·
One 2-pack of
Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
·
One 4-pack of
Energizer® MAX® AA batteries
·
Two
Energizer Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlights
·
One Energizer Bunny® Plush Bunny
In
addition you can find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can
download and draw your family’s home escape plan. Go here for a printable coloring and activity sheet.
The Change Your Clock Change Your Battery®
program is just one of the ways Energizer brings to life the company’s commitment to making a positive impact in communities across the country.
that’s positivenergy™ For more information, please visit
energizer.com/change and
facebook.com/energizerbunny.
Now for my giveaway-
Energizer would like to give one lucky MyOKCMommy reader the following package:
Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote containing:
One 16-pack
Energizer® MAX® AA Batteries years
One 1-pack of
Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
One
Energizer® Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlight – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries
One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
The total value of the Family Safety Kit is approximately $60.
Want to win?
Here's how:
Like Energizer on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Extra entries for:
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do.
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do.
Please leave separate comments, and direct all other comments or questions to my email.
Contest will end on October 27th at 8pm.
Thanks to Energizer for my prize pack and the giveaway winner's prize. My opinions are my own and honest.

97 comments:
fblike energizer as rod jackson
mrsrodjac at hotmail dot com
fblikeu as rod jackson
mrsrodjac at hotmail dot com
tw follow u as mrsrodjac
I like Energizer on facebook
jessamine_marie_tan_ricafort(at)yahoo(dot)com
I like you on facebook
jessamine_marie_tan_ricafort(at)yahoo(dot)com
twitter follower - @JessamineDungo
jessamine_marie_tan_ricafort(at)yahoo(dot)com
I Like Energizer on Facebook. catoluck at icloud dot com
liked energizer on facebook
adylin(dot)lyla(at)gmail(dot)com
like you on facebook
adylin(dot)lyla(at)gmail(dot)com
Facebook Fan of Energizer(Tami Simoneaux)
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
Facebook Fan of MyOKC Mommy(Tami Simoneaux)
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
I follow You on Twitter @tamilynn59
tamilynn59@yahoo.com
I like Energizer on facebook
Rebeccaw2005
Rebeccaw2005 at gmail dot com
I like myokcmommy on FB
Rebeccaw2005
Rebeccaw2005 at gmail dot com
I follow myokcmommy on twitter
Rebeccaw2005gm
Rebeccaw2005 at gmail dot com
Like on Facebook
Tracy Taylor Jones
Follow on Twitter
@tattooprincess3
Like Energizer on Facebook
Tracy Taylor Jones
I like Energizer on facebook (FB name: Madeline Brubaker).
madelinebrubaker {at} gmail [dot] com
I "like" your Facebook page (FB name: Madeline Brubaker).
I follow you on Twitter (@shala_darkstone).
I follow emergizer on FB Erinn Arena Sluka
fb follow you erinn arena sluka
follow you on twitter @3sonshavei
I liked them on fb with my name Natalie yeoman
I like Enegizer on FB - Janet Fri
janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com
I like you on FB - Janet Fri
janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com
I follow you on Twitter - Janetfaye
I like energizer on facebook
I like you on facebook
I follow you on twitter @jessicamwyatt09
Liked Energizer on facebook as Yolanda.
skyrobinson@yahoo.com
Like OKC Mommy on facebook as Yolamda.
skyrobinson@yahoo.com
I follow OKC Mommy on twitter as mrsskyrob.
skyrobinson@yahoo.com
I like Energizer on FB
Rhonda Bailey Grisham
maggietucker10 at yahoo dot com
I like you on fB
Rhonda Bailey Grisham
maggietucker10 at yahoo dot com
Following you on twitter @trrg12
maggietucker10 at yahoo dot com
Like energizer on facebook
Liked you on facebook.
I like Energizer on facebook as David Lintz
I like Energizer on fb.
hewella1 at gmail dot com
I like you on fb.
hewella1 at gmail dot com
I follow you on twitter.
hewella1 at gmail dot com
like energizer on facebook-lmurley2000
lmurley2000@yahoo.com
I Like Energizer on facebook Sandra K. VanHoey
sandravanhoey@yahoo.com
I like MyOKCMommy on Facebook Sandra K. VanHoey
sandravanhoey@yahoo.com
I follow you on twitter @sandyv1955
sandravanhoey@yahoo.com
Liked energizer on fb-Teresa Thompson
marine.mom42@hotmail.com
Like you on fb-Teresa Thompson
marine.mom42@hotmail.com
I like energizer on facebook as amy Williams
sethandtjay at yahoo dot com
I like you on facebook as amy Williams sethandtjay at yahoo dot com
I follow you twitter as @amyabram1
amy Williams
sethandtjay@yahoo.com
Energizer on fb as rochelle johnson
traceyj40 at sbcglobal.net
i like you on fb as rochelle johnson
traceyj40 at sbcglobal.net
twitter follower @tracey73110
traceyj40 at sbcglobal.net
Like engerizer on fb,natbelinsky@verizon.net
I Like Energizer on facebook
lmkay630@gmail.com
I "LIKE" you on FB
lisa jorgenson kay
lmkay630@gmail.com
I follow you on twitter
@springfling60
lmkay630@gmail.com
Like Energizer on Facebook.
Like you on Facebook.
Follow you on twitter
I like Energizer on fb
I like energizer on Fb. Screen name: Jessica H.
girlygirlugh at gmail dot com
I like you on FB. Screen name: Jessica H.
girlygirlugh at gmail dot com
I follow you on twitter. Screen name: @girlygirlugh
girlygirlugh at gmail dot com
I like Energizer on Facebook - Pamela Halligan.
p_halligan@yahoo.com
I like you on Facebook - Pamela Halligan.
p_halligan@yahoo.com
I like you on Twitter - @H3artonF1r3
p_halligan@yahoo.com
Fb fan of energizer
Pjames330 at aol dot com
Fb fan
Of okc mommy
Pjames330 at aol dot com
Twitter follower
pj436
pjames330 at aol dot com
I like Energizer on facebook. cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net
I like you on facebook. cwitherstine at zoominternet dot net
like energizer on fb
I like energizer on FB
cluelessme8@hotmail.com
I like you on FB
cluelessme8@hotmail.com
I follow you on twitter
cluelessme8@hotmail.com
Like Energizer on fb. I'm anne dall on fb)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
Like you on fb. I'm anne dall on fb)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
Follow u on Twitter (I"m @wowtotweet)
annejk112233 at yahoo dot com
Like energizer on facebook
Renee Addison-Hutchinson
Follow you on facebook
Renee Addison-Hutchinson
Follow on twitter @babyjames
I "Liked" Energizer on Facebook. Tammy Woodall - www.facebook.com/tlawoodall
e-mail: livesimply1111@gmail.com
I "Liked" My OKC Mommy on Facebook. Tammy Woodall - livesimply1111@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/tlawoodall
I followed My OKC Mommy on Twitter. @tlawoodall. Tammy Woodall - livesimply1111@gmail.com
I subscribed to your blog newsletter. Tammy Woodall - livesimply1111@gmail.com
Like Energizer on facebook Jessica Beard
jj250@aol.com
I follow you on twitter JBeard25 jj250@aol.com
i like energizer on fb :) senior06chs@aol.com
i like you on fb senior06chs@aol.com
I like energizer on facebook
I like okc on facebook
I like Energizer on facebook. (K. Lundine)
I like you on facebook. (K. Lundine)
twitter follower @klundine
Post a Comment