See What's Poppin-"Half Popped" Children's Book and Giveaway



Half Popped, written by Jeff Feuerstein and illustrated by Dayna Brandoff and Alex Miller, follows the heartwarming and whimsical story of Kenny the Kernel, a discouraged but friendly popcorn kernel who believes he never reached his full potential…. 

With a silly, story-telling rhyme evocative of Shel Silverstein poetry and unique artwork that combines photography and illustration, the charming tale serves as a lesson in self-confidence and reminds young readers that a genuine compliment has the power to make a friend's day!

I read this cute little book last night as my boy's bedtime story.  Poor little Kenny the Kernel is a half popped kernel at the bottom of the popcorn bowl.  He didn't get eaten.  He then travels around to other foods in the house that are complaining about their lives.  He gives them a little pep talk and let's them know that they are pretty great. He is still kind of down on himself about not being fully popped in the microwave!  We had a great time reading about "Kenny's journey."  I think the story was trying to let kids know that there is an upside to everything.
 
You can pick up your own copy at Amazon for $8.99, or on Kindle for $4.99.

CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform would like to give one lucky MyOKCMommy a copy of this book.

Here's how to win-
Tell me your favorite popcorn.  (Mine is caramel)
Extra entries for: 
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do. 
Like Half Popped on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do. 
Follow Half Popped on twitter and leave a comment saying that you do.
Please leave separate comments, and direct all other comments or questions to my email. 
  Contest will end on Sunday January 6th at 8pm.


Thank you to CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform for my sample used in this review and my winner's prize.  My opinions are my own and honest.
Share on Google Plus Pin It!
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

37 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite would be Kettle Corn and Caramel. :)

jessamine _ marie _ tan _ ricafort at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

I like you on facebook

jessamine _ marie _ tan _ ricafort at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Twitter follower

jessamine _ marie _ tan _ ricafort at yahoo dot com

Colleen Maurina said...

My favorite popcorn is good old buttered popcorn!

Colleen Maurina said...

I like you on Facebook. (Colleen Maurina)

colljerr at comcast dot net

Colleen Maurina said...

I like Half Popped on Facebook. (Colleen Maurina)

colljerr at comcast dot net

pmj said...

I'm a caramel corn fan!
pjames330 at aol dot com

Unknown said...

I love kettle corn.

Kwolek21 said...

My favorite popcorn is kettle corn, some salt and some sweetness to it.

Kwolek21 said...

I like you on Facebook as Linda Kwolek and want to say for hosting this giveaway and for all the work you do to enrich our lives.

Kwolek21 said...

I follow you on twitter and have retweeted this post https://twitter.com/kwolek21/status/417824809142075392

Unknown said...

caramel corn Rod Jackson mrsrodjac at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

fblike uas Rod Jackson mrsrodjac at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

tw follow as mrsrodjac Rod Jackson mrsrodjac at hotmail dot com

mrussell said...

Kettle corn us my favorite

mrussell said...

Follow u on fb

latanya t said...

I like white cheddar

dlatany at gmail dot com

latanya t said...

I follow you on twitter

dlatany at gmail dot com

judy mitchell said...

I like chedder cheese popcorn

jdymitc2@gmail.com

judy mitchell said...

i liked you on facebook

jdymitc2@gmail.com

judy mitchell said...

i followed you on twitter

jdymitc2@gmail.com

judy mitchell said...

i liked half popped on facebook

jdymitc2@Gmail.comt

judy mitchell said...

i followed half popped on twitter

jdymitc2@gmail.com

cman said...

I love it with lots of butter and salt.

Anonymous said...

My favorite popcorn is regular with a ton of REAL butter on it and salt.
heather hgtempaddy@hotmail.com

Diana said...

I like buttered popcorn
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Diana said...

I like you on fb
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Diana said...

I follow you on twitter
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Sarah said...

My favorite popcorn is any mixed with candied nuts <3

Sarah said...

I follow on Twitter @fifskasj

Sarah said...

I follow half popped on twitter @fifskasj

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

my favorite is popcorn from a movie theater with lots of butter and some salt. (my doctor hates me. lol)

Kayla said...

I love kettle corn drizzled with chocolate- yum!!!

Kayla said...

I liked you on Facebook! (Kayla Lengerich)

Kayla said...

I liked Half Popped on Facebook! (Kayla Lengerich)

eclairre said...

The caramel corn! Yum! eclairre at ymail dot com

Janet said...

I love cheese popcorn