A child's eyes truly tell wonders, revealing personality, thoughts and feelings of the heart. Beautiful Blue Eyes, a sweet story with engaging illustrations, celebrates the unique spirit of the blue-eyed boy or girl.
I watched, and I waited
as your eyes chose their hue,
deciding in time
on their beautiful blue.
Blue as a butterfly wing
or the sparkly sea.
Blue as the birdy
singing in her tree
I enjoyed reading this book to my boys. It really teaches children that even when they are not speaking, we can tell how they are feeling. I felt like the author was trying to show the children that, as a parent, we can tell a lot by our children's eyes. She lets the children know that we have a special connection to our child through their eyes. In one line she explains what "your eyes speak to me" means. I think she makes it easy for children to understand. With the great drawings, and the wonderful message, this makes a great book!
I watched, and I waited
as your eyes chose their hue,
deciding in time
on their beautiful blue.
Blue as a butterfly wing
or the sparkly sea.
Blue as the birdy
singing in her tree
I enjoyed reading this book to my boys. It really teaches children that even when they are not speaking, we can tell how they are feeling. I felt like the author was trying to show the children that, as a parent, we can tell a lot by our children's eyes. She lets the children know that we have a special connection to our child through their eyes. In one line she explains what "your eyes speak to me" means. I think she makes it easy for children to understand. With the great drawings, and the wonderful message, this makes a great book!
The author and illustrator, Marianne Richmond, started out doing greeting cards and since then has written numerous children's books. I encourage you to check out her site to see all of her talented work.
This book is currently available and being sold on amazon
.
Sourcebooks Jabberwocky would like to give one lucky My Oklahoma City Mommy reader a copy of this book.
Want to win?
Here's how?
Leave a comment telling me one of your favorite books.
Extra entries for:
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Extra entries for:
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do.
Visit Marianne Ricmond's website and leave me a comment saying that you did.
Please leave separate comments, and direct all other comments or questions to my email.
Please leave an email address so I can contact you if you are the winner. Contest will end on Sunday April 10th at 8pm.
Thank you to Sourcebooks Jabberwocky for my review copy and for my winner's prize. All opinions are honest and are my own.
19 comments:
I like Dr. Suess books
rauzi87(at)gmail(dot)com
twitter follower
rauzi87(at)gmail(dot)com
Fancy Nancy books are fun. vercatfrontiernetdotnet
Like OKC on FB vercatfrontiernetdotnet
The Hungry Caterpillar and Corduroy (sp)?
Jamie Brigham
cinderella10383@aol.com
already like you on facebook hun
Jamie Brigham
cinderella10383@aol.com
Following you on twitter- cinderella10383
Jamie Brigham
cinderella10383@aol.com
I visited her website and all the artwork is amazing
Jamie Brigham
cinderella10383@aol.com
We love "My name is not Alexander"
amberpebs@yahoo.com
I like you on Facebbook
Ashley Kirkland
amberpebs@yahoo.com
I Visited Marianne Ricmond's website. Beautiful Art work!
amberpebs@yahoo.com
i love you forever by robert munsch. makes me cry every time.
I like you on facebook
Niecey Docherty
nieceyd(at)gmail(dot)com
I follow you on twitter
@goodieslist
nieceyd(at)gmail(dot)com
i visited Marianne Ricmond's website
nieceyd(at)gmail(dot)com
I follow on twitter
too cute!!!
love all books
follow on facebook
Post a Comment