8th Continent Soymilk Review and Giveaway




8th Continent Soymilk is made from U.S. grown soybeans that aren't genetically engineered.  An excellent source of calcium, it is the American Heart Association-certified soymilk.  8th Continent Soymilk is available in eight different varieties:  complete Vanilla, Regular Original and Vanilla, Light Original, Vanilla, and Chocolate, and Fat Free Original and Vanilla.  All 8th Continent soymilks are lactose and gluten-free, vegan, and Kosher U certified. 

Did you know that you could use soy milk in recipes.  I thought that this quick snack was tasty and decided to share it with you.



Prep Time:5 min
Bake Time:
None
Start to Finish:
5 min
Number of Servings:
4 servings (1 cup each)

Ingredients:

2 cups ice cubes or slightly crushed ice
2 cups 8th Continent® vanilla soymilk
1 can (6 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate

Instructions:

Place all ingredients in blender or food processor. Cover; blend on high speed 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth and frothy. Pour into 4 glasses. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Info:

1 Serving: Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 15); Total Fat 1 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g; (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g); Protein 4g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 100% Calcium 15% Iron 2% Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate 1/2 Low-Fat Milk Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

I will say that soy milk does have a bit of a different taste, but my family and I still enjoyed it.  My little boy said it tasted like melted ice cream.  I took that as a compliment!  I put it on their cereal and they didn't notice a difference.  Many of my friend's children are lactose intolerant so I am very glad that there is a line of soy milk that offers such a variety!!   8th Continent would like to give 4 lucky myokcmommy readers 5 coupons each for 1/2 gallon of soy milk.  Wow!!
*Important Contest Information  I will announce winner on the site and you will have to contact me by email within 48 hours or I will redraw for a new winner*
Want to Win?
Here's how?
Leave a comment telling me if you have ever tried soy milk before.
Extra entries for:
Like me on facebook and leave a comment saying that you do.
Follow me on twitter and leave me a comment saying that you do.
Like 8th Continent on facebook and leave me a comment saying that you do. 
Please leave separate comments, and direct all other comments or questions to my email.
  Contest will end on Sunday May 15th at 8 p.m.
Thank you to 8th Continent for my samples used in this review.  My opinions are honest and my own.

Share on Google Plus Pin It!
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 comments:

Regina D said...

Yes I have tried but never had this brand. I will have to see where this sold by us. My oldest Zoe likes it and had to drink it for a while

Regina D said...

Twitter follower

Regina D said...

Liked 8th continent on fb

paulamena1 said...

Yes, I have tried.

paulamena1@hotmail.com

paulamena1 said...

I follow you on Facebook
facebook.com/paulavalderrama1

paulamena1@hotmail.com

paulamena1 said...

I follow 8th Continent on Facebook
facebook.com/paulavalderrama1

paulamena1@hotmail.com

rhonda said...

Never tried Soy milk. vercatfrontiernetdotnet

rhonda said...

Like you on FB. vercatfrontiernetdotnet

Julie said...

I have not tried soy milk but my sister's family does
aunteegem@yahoo.cm thanks

Julie said...

like Soy on fb Julie S Laws
aunteegem@yahoo.com