Did You See the Nascar Race on Saturday?


Well, I used to be considered a girlie girl.  I loved the fancy dresses and played with Barbies.  I never owned a Ken doll, and didn't have cars and trucks!!!  I was blessed with three boys, so those days are over!!  With that being said, people might still say that I wouldn't know a NASCAR race if I ran straight into one!!  Well, I proved that statement wrong a week before last Saturday's big race.  Here's the story on that.  My family and I were coming back from vacation and I wanted to take my turn to drive somewhere in Kentucky.  He picked an exit and took it.  Well, there were police everywhere detouring the interstate traffic, and we were basically allowed to go only one way---into the Kentucky Speedway!(perhaps we could have passed the entranceway, but all those helpers were so happy to lend us a hand and wave us into the gate that we couldn't get a word in edgewise.)  So I quickly noticed we had made our way into a NASCAR race parking area.  Seriously, it took about a half an hour to be directed to a parking spot, again, not able to ask any questions about leaving.  So when we got parked, we switched drivers and I began to pull away.  An exasperated security fellow, runs over and wants to know the problem.  I tell him that I want to leave.  Now, he just ushered me to that spot a minute before.  He has this look on his face like why in the world would anyone want to leave this place, and he says "What, you want to leave?"  I simple say yes, and leave.  45 minutes later I made my way to the exit!!!  So yes people I did assume I was at a race when I wandered upon the Kentucky Speedway.

So after this experience, I was thrilled to tell my readers to follow twitter @CocaColaRacing for last Saturday's big race.  I thought it was a great way to interact when you couldn't actually be at the race.  Which I know now from experience is a HUGE deal!  My family and I tried to host a viewing party in our own living room.  We got a bunch of snacks together and sat down in front of the TV.  My little ones did get a kick out of watching it because somehow they expected Lightning McQueen.  I however got overheated at an earlier T-ball team and spent the whole day in bed!!!

If you didn't get a chance to follow along @CocaColaRacing last Saturday, you can still do it now to keep interacting not only on the next race day but in between races as well!!!

Now remember I have little kids so we know how to throw a party!!  Take a look at our cooler and snacks.  What did you have on race day?


Don't forget to go here, and enter to win a Coca-Cola NASCAR prize pack including a cooler like the one pictured above!!


  The prize was provided and may be shipped to the winner by Coca-Cola, but Coca-Cola is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this giveaway. All opinions expressed in the post are my own and not those of The Coca-Cola Company. I too, was provided with a prize pack for my time.
Share on Google Plus Pin It!
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: