Michael Angelo's Lasagna Review


Michael Angelo’s is a family owned and operated business that is celebrating 30 years in business in 2012. As a third-generation Italian-American family, founder Michael Angelo and his mother Sara have a passion for good Italian food and a commitment to never compromise on quality. As Michael says, “If you can’t find it in Mom’s kitchen, we won’t use it in our food.” Their commitment to the ingredients, the cooking process and the final meal is unparalleled – as is the satisfaction felt by their customers as they experience what real Italian food is supposed to taste like.



My family and I had the chance to try Michael Angelo's brand of frozen lasagna and a competitor's brand.   We love lasagna, so we were up to the test!  I chose the standard meat lasagna option in both brands. I made up both boxes.  I have to mention that I wanted to prepare both by microwave and the Michael Angelo's was soooo much quicker.  Not only did the competitor's brand take longer to cook, I had to figure out how to cook on 50% power, which I had never done before. (I fooled around with the buttons, and in the end got the manual out to make sure I did it right!)  I made a salad and some garlic bread to go with the meal.  I put a piece of each brand on their plates.  Although they liked both lasagnas, Michael Angelo's was a little better.  I thought that the sauce from Michael Angelo's tasted more homemade, and the competitor's tasted a little bit more like a canned sauce.  The difference here might not only be ingredients, but also that the Michael Angelo's sauce is cooked in small batches.  We all felt the Michael Angelo's was cheesier and held together better.  The little ones didn't mention anything about differences in the noodles, but I thought that the Michael Angelo's noodles were firmer than the competitor's.  I thought theirs were a little too limp.  I would definately buy Michael Angelo's again, not only because the better tasted edged out the competition, but because the microwave time was much quicker.  Right now we are in the midst of soccer season, and I can't take very long for a meal, or we would have to eat it in the car!

Michael Angelo's provided me with samples.  I was not compensated in any other way.  My opinions are my own and honest. 
Share on Google Plus Pin It!
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: