It's a Big World, Little Pig, Children's Book Review


It’s a Big World, Little Pig! follows Poppy as she travels to Paris to compete in the World Games. At first, Poppy is nervous about meeting so many new people in a new place. But, ever courageous and supported by her family (and best friend Emma, too!), Poppy begins to realize that although these animals look different, act different, and are from different places, they are all the same at heart. They all smile in the same language!

When I was growing up, I loved the author, and Olympian, Kristi Yamaguchi.  I loved watching her skate.  I love reading how she writes about Poppy and Poppy's feelings.  We read the first book, "Dream Big, Little Pig."  We enjoyed it, and I was eager to read this one.  This time around, Poppy is a great figure skater and is going to Paris for a big skating event.  We get to see how scary it is for Poppy to go all that way, and how she makes new friends, including one with really long legs!!  It kind of made me realize that Kristi herself must have felt like this little pig when she first started figure skating.  It seems like wherever Poppy goes though, she seems to inspire everyone!!
You can pick this book up on Amazon for $10.97.

 One hundred percent of Kristi's profits from It’s a Big World, Little Pig! will benefit early childhood literacy programs supported by her Always Dream Foundation.

Thank you to sourcebooks jabberwocky and Kristi Yamaguchi for my sample used in this review.  My opinions are honest and my own.
Share on Google Plus Pin It!
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: